Friday 27 September 2013


You can say that traveling is like a hobby for many. But to me, the open road, the breeze, and thousands of possibilities seem more than just a hobby. Even though I may not be the most experienced traveler, the desire to visit as many countries, cities, and towns in the world before I die is quite intriguing. So in this article, I am going to talk about my all time favorite destinations that I have actually visited myself, or want to badly visit. It may not be one of your best vacation spots, but all these place are definitely worth visiting once in your life at least. And without further ado, let's get to the list, shall we?

My Top-most Travel Spots

All throughout high school, I literally hadn't been anywhere outside India. It could seem like an unlucky thing, but there are so many beautiful places to visit right here in India. And those who have had the opportunity to visit this magnificent country, they are definitely agreeing with me. So it's obvious that I am going to start the travel destinations with my homeland, India.

India
Majority of people are only aware of the hot spots like Goa and Mumbai. But India is more than just party locations. The country is rich in culture, historical monuments, beaches, ethnic cuisine, etc. Of course, there are tons of things to do in Goa, but I'd just like to point out that that's not all. There are a number of summer and winter vacation destinations in India that you can choose from. So if you ever sketch a grand India travel plan, then here are some 'must see' places you cannot afford to miss out.
  • Rajasthan, India
  • Darjeeling, India
  • Ladakh, India
  • Kerala, India
  • Golden Triangle Tour, India
United States of America
Now you may be thinking, how come I made such a huge leap from India to U.S.? Well, the reason for that would be my change of hometown. After graduating from school, my family and I moved to Anaheim, California and let me tell, to me, it is the best place to be. I know many of you will disagree with me and say that New York, Miami, or some other state in the U.S. can come first. But to me, California was the place to live. But, if you look at the country as whole, it definitely gives you a larger choice. There are so many states to pick from on your U.S. travel, don't you agree? You've got New York City, Chicago, Miami, Arizona, Washington, and so much more.

Guatemala
Guatemala is famous because of its rich history of the Mayan culture. And while visiting this gorgeous, downright breathtaking country, I can safely say that I was mesmerized most of the time. The mountains are magnificent, the people are polite and friendly, and the food, delicious. Even now that I am talking about it, I can't help but go back to those wonderful memories I had while in Guatemala. Plus, another once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity incident happened with me while I was there, I saw an active volcano river just 10 feet away from me. That experience is unforgettable. So if you feel like entering Guatemala as one of your all time favorite holiday destinations, then you have to visit:
  • Panajachel
  • La Antigua
  • Quetzaltenango
  • Mount Pacaya
  • Semuc Champey
  • Tikal
  • Cobn
  • Huehuetenango
Mexico
Next on my favorite destinations, Mexico. What can I say, I'm in love with the Latin and Spanish countries. They have a certain charm and warmth that I just can't get enough of. Many people believe that Mexico vacations is only for the spring break hungry students. But it definitely has so much more to offer to its travelers. With warm, beautiful beaches to archaeological sites, Mexico is filled with 'things to do' for everyone. Don't believe me? Visit these places and you'll know for yourself.

Europe
Last, but certainly not the least. In fact, Europe is one of the most talked about and 'must go' destinations for people around the world. Now I know that Europe is not a country, but a continent, it still has to be mentioned here, right? However, planning a European vacation could be a confusing and frustrating time. The country literally has so much to see. And with hundreds of amazing places to choose from, it has to be done right. Whether you choose Paris, Rome, Greece, Vienna, or Barcelona, Europe is going to be mentioned whenever anyone wishes to take a grand vacation.

More Travel Spots

The reason I am not elaborating on the following spots is because it would be too obvious. Let's just look at the list and then you'll understand what I'm trying to say.
  • Paris, France
  • Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
  • Bangkok, Thailand
  • Barcelona, Spain
  • Melbourne, Australia
Even though the list can go on and on, I guess I have to stop somewhere. Well, these were my all time favorite travel destinations around the world. And I got my fingers crossed, hoping to add many more to the list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment